Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Todays lunch experiment.

Ok so this one was a little out there, but I tried it anyway. I was digging through the freezer looking for something to cook for lunch. I know Doug has a few things he really likes, but then again, a few things he really HATES!

So digging around I find some chicken, sausage and shrimp....hmmmm what to do with these strange ingredients.

But jambalaya comes to mind, but that really wasn't completely working for me, so a little more thought, I come up with Jambayla Risotto.

I took my recipe for Sausage and broccoli rabe risotto and just tweaked it a bit.

I got rid of the BR and added 1 cut up chicken thigh and about 1/2 lb of shrimp.

I have to say it really came out good, a very different from a basic risotto.

No comments:

Post a Comment