This was a 1st attempt at a new recipe and something to do with the 10lbs of peaches that I picked.
Here's the recipe, I used a pineapple recipe and replaced it with 3 cut peaches, 4 would have been a bit to much.
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/4-1/2 cup butter
1 can sliced pineapple, , drained
1 jar maraschino cherry (optional)
halved walnuts (optional)
1. Follow instructions on cake box for making an oblong single layer cake.
2. Prepare cake batter and set aside.
3. Cut up butter in small pieces and place all over the bottom of the oblong pan specified on cake box.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar generously over the butter.
5. Place pan on the stove (or in the oven) and heat slowly until butter and sugar melt to a liquid then remove from heat.
6. Evenly space the pineapple slices around the bottom of pan in the heated sugar and butter.
7. Place the cherries and nuts between the pineapple slices (Tho the cherries and nuts look nice and taste great, they are optional).
8. Pour cake batter on top of the pineapple/cherry/nut mixture.
9. Place in oven and bake as directed on cake box.
10. As soon as cake is done place a plate over the cake and turn upside down and carefully remove pan.
11. If you wait too long the sugar will harden and be difficult to remove.
12. Note: Peaches may be used in place of pineapple