Signs of knitting addiction, and here they are:
1. Do you lose time from work due to knitting?
Um, no! Of course not! Who would do that? (You're not counting knitting blogstalking or looking up patterns or yarn online, right?)
2. Is knitting making your home life unhappy?
Unhappy? Definitely not. Now, untidy....um yes...there's yarn everywhere
3. Is knitting affecting your reputation?
I have to admit I might just have a reputation as a knitter.
4. Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of knitting?
Let's see. Needles, knitting basket, silk yarn, novelty yarn, wool yarn, new bamboo needles, and goodies, goodies, goodies. Moving on.
5. Does your knitting make you careless of your family's welfare?
I think I did let the cat see the bottom of his food dish a couple of times. And when was the last time I really cleaned the litter? Count this as a 'maybe'.
6. Has your ambition decreased since knitting?
No way. I aspire to bigger and better projects all the time!
Oh - does this not mean knitting ambitions?
7. Do you crave knitting at a definite time daily?
One time every day? Nope. Now, several times - yes. In the morning, in the afternoon, after dinner. Almost all the time. The only time I don't crave it lately is when I have a deadline. (Fu
8. Do you want to knit the next morning?
Of course - I might not have finished it the night before!
9. Does knitting cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
At least once that I remember. It was the night when I realised that I'd done something wrong in the baby blanket AGAIN and figured it out as I was falling asleep.
10. Has your efficiency decreased since knitting?
See above re: blogstalking etc.
11. Do you knit to escape from worries or trouble?
I live in a wonderful land of yarn and needles and patterns and blogs. What's to escape?
12. Do you knit alone?
Almost exclusively. I also knit at work, at my discussion group, in waiting rooms, on planes, and once, on the highway (gotta love long car trips) I've abandoned my purse, and carry my wallet in my knitting tote with me everywhere instead.
13. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of knitting?
I'm sorry - what?
14. Has your physician ever treated you for knitting?
So far... No. Will keep you posted.
15. Do you knit to build up your self-confidence?
You bet. Look! Look what I can do! I didn't think I could do this, but it worked out and it's magic and don't I look self-confidant now!
16. Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of knitting?
Does A.C. Moore count as an institution? Is Michaels rehab?
So there you have it. I'm fine. Really.
Now, where are my needles?...