Sunday, April 18, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake.

I bought a 2lb package of Strawberries last week and enjoyed them everyday for lunch. Now the week is over and I know with well over a pound of strawberries left they're not going to make it another week.

So what to do???

Make strawberry shortcake with them, so that's what I did. I found a great recipe on the box of Bisquick.

1st Slice all the strawberries and put in a bowl of water and sugar, I used about 1/3 of a cup (I eyeballed it) disolved the sugar and let the strawberries sit for about an hour in the sugar water.

And for the shortcake recipe.

2 1/3 cups Bisquick mix
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Mix in a medium bowl Bisquick mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and the butter until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 spoonfuls (I actually got 8 shortcakes.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.

Also for the whipped cream I cheated a little, I didn't whip my own I used Reddi Whip, it's still real whipped cream it just saves a couple of steps.

It was a great treat and a little taste of summer early. What made it even better it was cold and gloomy all day today, so this made a little bit of sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment